Posted by: Kejeradze | მაისი 26, 2012

Svaneti / Сванетия

Advertisements
Posted by: Kejeradze | მაისი 26, 2012

Ruins of Nokalakevi / развалины Нокалакеви

Nokalakevi – fortress city in western Georgia, in Senaki Municipality, the capital Egrisi, the place of the legendary city of Aia, where according to legend the Argonauts sailed.

At this point, since ancient times was situated Georgian town. Greek writers called him Arheopolis, but the older Georgian chronicles called the city  Tsikhe Goji. According to historical chronicles, the town was founded by eristavi of Egrisi Coogee in the III century AD.Tsikhe Goji was the capital of Egrisi in IV-VIII centuries.Wars between Byzantium and Persia had place here. During the wars, the city stood against two sieges, but the third time was taken by the Persians (554). The combined Byzantine-Egris troops soon returned to the city. In 697 major Arab garrisons settled Egrisi. In 737/738 Arab commander Marwan II destroyed it, killing or turning most residents to flee to the north, on the coast of the Inguri River. Because of the Arab invasion the city soon lost its importance and turned into a small village. The second phase of the settlement began in the XVI-XVIII centuries, when the city was the residence of the rulers of Odishi.

Нокалакеви — город-крепость в западной Грузии, в Сенакском муниципалитете, столица Эгриси, место легендарного города Айа, куда по преданию приплыли аргонавты.

На этом месте издревле был расположен грузинский город. Греческие авторы называли его Археополис, однако в более старых грузинских хрониках город был известен под именем Цихе Годжи. Согласно историческим хроникам, город был основан эриставом Эгриси Куджи в III веке н. э. Цихе Годжи был столицей Эгриси в IV—VIII веках нашей эры.Эгрисские войны между Византией и Персией в основном велись именно возле столицы. Во время войн город выдержал две осады, но в третий раз был взят персами (554). Объединённые византийско-эгрисские войска вскоре вернули город. В 697 году расположились основные арабские гарнизоны в Эгриси. В 737/738 году в город вторгся арабский военачальник Марван II и разрушил его, уничтожив или обратив в бегство на север, на побережье реки Ингури большинство жителей. Из-за арабского нашествия город вскоре потерял былое значение и превратился в маленькую деревеньку. Второй этап развития поселения начался в XVI—XVIII веках, когда в городе появилась резиденция владетеля Одиши.


Posted by: Kejeradze | მაისი 25, 2012

Monastery of Chkondidi / Монастырь Чкондиди

Monastery of Chkondidi- monastery in Martvili, Samegrelo. It’s built in VII century on the place of pagan religious center.

 

Монастырь Чкондиди – монастырь в Мартвили, Самегрело. Он построен в VII веке на месте языческого религиозного центра.

 

Posted by: Kejeradze | მაისი 25, 2012

Resort Anaklia / Курорт Анаклия

Anaklia – a resort in the Zugdidi municipality (region Samegrelo – Zemo-Svaneti). The city is located near the Inguri River. In the town are the ruins of a fortress of 1703.According to local legend, child of a single mother from a village named Anna was kidnapped. After hearing the cry of a woman people said: “Anna rkians” (Translated from Megrelian, Anna screams). Because of this, the village was named Anakria, which means “screaming.” Later, the letter r was transformed into l, which gave the city it’s present name.

Anaklia resort area was designed by Spanish architects. Near the city will be built port Lasika. Along with the construction of the port is planned to develop the tourist potential of Anaklia.

 Анаклиа –  курорт в Зугдидском муниципалитете (край Самегрело — Земо-Сванети). Город расположен возле реки Ингури. В городе сохранились развалины крепости 1703 года.

Согласно местной легенде, у одной матери из деревни по имени Анна похитили ребёнка. Услышав крик впавшей в отчаяние женщины, в ответ услышали «Анна ркианс» (В переводе с мегрельского, Анна кричит). Из-за этого деревню назвали Анакрия, что означает «кричащая». Позже буква р трансформировалась в л, что и дало современное название города.

Курортная зона Анаклии была спроектирована испанскими архитекторами. Близ города будет построен порт Лазика. Наряду со строительством порта, планируется развитие туристического потенциала Анаклии.

Posted by: Kejeradze | მაისი 25, 2012

Dadiani Palace Museum / Дворец князей Дадиани

Dadiani Palaces History and Architectural Museum is aGeorgian national museum located in Zugdidi, Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti region, Georgia. The Dadiani Palaces History and Architecture Museum is considered to be one of the most eminent palaces in Caucasus.

The first exhibition, of archaeological excavations of the ancient city of Nakalakevi was prepared by Megrelianprince David Dadiani and took place in 1840. Three palaces form the modern museum complex, parts of which are also Blackernae Virgin Church and Zugdidi Botanical Garden.The Dadiani Palaces History and Architecture Museum houses some exhibits of natural cultural heritage of Georgia – Tagiloni treasure materials, Mother of God holy vesture, the icon of queen Bordokhan – mother of queen Tamar of Georgia, manuscripts from 13th – 14th centuries, miniatures, memorial relics of Dadiani dinasty, and objects connected to emperor of France Napoleon Bonaparte – brought to the palace by the husband of David Dadiani’s daughter, prince Ashille Muratt, grandson of Napoleon’s sister, Carolina.

The palace was fully transformed into a museum on May 1, 1921, at the initiative of Georgian ethnographer and geologist Akaki Chanturia

Дворец князей Дадиани – Исторический и архитектурный музей расположенный в Зугдиди, Самегрело-Земо Сванети, Грузия. Он считается одним из самых известных дворцов на Кавказе.

Первая выставка после археологических раскопок древнего города Нокалакеви была подготовлена князем Мегрелии Давидом Дадиани и состоялся в 1840 году. Три дворца образуют современный музейный комплекс, частью которого также являются церковь Богородицы и  Ботанический сад Зугдиди. На территории музея находятся  экспонаты культурного наследия Грузии – сокровища Тагилони , святое одеяние Богородицы , икона королевы Бордохан – матери царицы Тамары , рукописи 13 – 14 веков, миниатюры, мемориальные реликвии династии Дадиани , и объекты, связанные с императором Франции Наполеоном Бонапартом – их принес во дворец муж дочери Давида Дадиани князь Ашил Мюрат, внук сестры Наполеона Каролины.

Дворец был полностью превращен в музей 1 мая 1921 года по инициативе грузинского этнографа и геолога Акакия Чантурия.

Posted by: Kejeradze | მაისი 25, 2012

Poti Cathedral / Кафедральный собор Поти

Poti Cathedral  is a Georgian Orthodox church in port city of Georgia, Poti.

The cathedral is an imitation of Hagia Sofia in Constantinople, and it was built in 1906-07 with the great contribution of Niko Nikoladze, the mayor of Poti. Notably, Niko Nikoladze chose the location of the cathedral in the center of the town to make it viewable from every side of Poti.

A. Zelenko and M. Marfeld were the architects of this Neo-Byzantine cathedral. The ornaments and decorations are taken from the medieval Christian cathedrals in the Trabzon mountains. The Poti Cathedral has three iconostases and among the main decoration of the iconostasis are the icons of St. Nino, St. Andrew the First Called, and the St. David the Builder.

In 1923, after the Red Army invasion of Georgia, the Communist government turned it into a theater and the bells were donated to the industrialization foundation.

In 2005, the cathedral was restored to the Georgian Orthodox Church.

Кафедральный собор Поти – собор Грузинской православной церкви в портовом городе Грузии Поти.

Собор является имитацией Айя-Софии в Константинополе, и он был построен в1906-07 с большим вкладом Нико Николадзе, мэра Поти. В частности, Нико Николадзе выбрал место собора в центре города, чтобы сделать его видимым со всех сторон Поти.

А. Зеленко, М. Марфельду были архитекторами этого нео-византийского собора.Украшения и декорации взяты из средневековых христианских храмов вгорах Трабзона.Собор имеет три  иконостасов и среди главных украшении иконостаса являются иконы Св. Нино, Андрея Первозванного и святого Давида Строителя.

В 1923 году, после вторжения Красной армии в Грузии, коммунистическая власть превратила его в театр и колокола были подарены индустриализации .

В 2005 году собор вернулся в правление Грузинской Православной Церкви.

Posted by: Kejeradze | მაისი 25, 2012

Photos of Lake Shaori / Фотографии Озера Шаори

Posted by: Kejeradze | მაისი 25, 2012

Khotevi Church / Храм Хотеви

Khotevi church – orthodox church is village Khotevi, Racha, Georgia. It’s first mentioned in XI century.

Храм Хотеви – праволавный храм в селе Хотеви, Рача, Грузия. В первые упоминается в XI веке.

Posted by: Kejeradze | მაისი 25, 2012

Barakoni Church / храм Богоматери Баракони

Barakoni Church of the Mother of God  is an Orthodox church in Georgia, near the town of Ambrolauri, in the village of Tsesi of mountainous western province of Racha (modern-day Racha-Lechkhumi and Kvemo Svaneti).

Barakoni was commissioned, in 1753, by the local lord (eristavi) Rostom of Racha (1750-1769) from the architect Avtandil Shulavreli who is commemorated in the inscription of the eastern façade. It is a domed cruciform church and one of the last important monuments in the tradition of medieval Georgian architecture. The church was built of neatly trimmed stable stand stones and adorned with rich ornamentation. The church was closed and desecrated under the Bolshevik rule. It suffered further damage, though not serious, in the 1991 Racha earthquake, but was quickly repaired.Located on a top of a steep cliff, it overlooks Rioni River which joins the Lukhuni River just below the mountain.

Баракони  — храм Богоматери Баракони, памятник старо-грузинской купольной архитектуры, находится в Раче, Амбролаурском муниципалитете, селе Цеси. Был построен мастером Автандилом Шулаврели по приказу рачинского князя Ростома в 1753 году. Постройка в форме креста с прямыми углами, без пристроек. Купол опирается на углы алтарных стен и две колонны. Снаружи стены постройки обильно украшены узорной резьбой по камню, наиболее старые образцы которой находятся в нишах восточного фасада. Церковь построена на крутом утесе у основания которого протекает бурный поток реки Риони с которым в этом месте сливается река Лухуни. Во дворе церкви находится сельское кладбище.

Older Posts »

კატეგორიები